What is Windshield Repair You Might Ask Yourself
- Windshield Repair is a process that utilizes modern technology to repair rather than replace a damaged windshield
- It saves money by preventing the need for a costly replacement
- It’s convenient
- It does not affect the integrity of the original factory seal since the glass is never removed
- You also keep your original quality glass
- The repair provides a strong bond that prevents further cracks and improve the cosmetic appearance
Will my rock chip ever crack?
- The possibility of your rock chip forming into a crack is greater now if not repaired
- If you repair the rock chip before it turns into a crack, it will not spread under normal conditions
- If not repaired, a rock chip could form a crack if there is a drastic change in temperature ( i.e washing your car on a very hot day with cold water) and/or if internal or external stress occurs to the windshield.
- What kind of damage can be repaired?
- Stone damage or “rock chips” up to the size of a .50 cent piece
- Best results are obtained if the repair is done before the damaged area is contaminated from washing or inclement weather
- A rock chip is usually round or star shaped and may have lines radiating from the center
- If your rock chip appears to only be a white speck, it could be a non-repairable nick in the glass